Join this dynamic NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life are the motivator in order to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
The NGO is seeking a Head of Division for Strategic Information (SI) to lead and manage the organisation’s M&E, Public Health and Reporting streams. Responsibilities include providing leadership and directions for all SI to ensure a data driven approach through sound data analysis and to provide feedback to the implementation teams for focused interventions. The Head of Division will liaise with relevant SI technical advisers and counterparts at various levels in the Department of Health (DOH).
Key duties and responsibilities
- • Strategic leadership ○ Lead the development, update and implementation of the organisation’s SI Plan.
- ○ Actively participate with and in the senior management team.
- ○ Foster a data driven culture to programme implementation.
- ○ Work effectively across business units and promote interdisciplinary team collaboration and stakeholder engagement.
- ○ Take overall responsibility SI by ensuring that effective data collection, monitoring, and reporting systems are in place and adapted as needs require.
- ○ Establish and maintain good relationships with USAID and other stakeholders and be organisation’s contact on data related aspects of APACE’s work.
- ○ Liaise with National DOH seconded staff and provide guidance and support where necessary.
- • Lead and Manage the three SI streams ○ Lead and manage the heads of the three SI streams.
- ○ Mentor, coach and monitor performance and individual work plans, and support the management of their respective teams.
- ○ Organise and facilitate regular staff meetings to share experiences and lessons learned, reporting out to the senior management team.
- ○ Provide in-house technical support to work plan development and implementation.
• Lead M&E and Data Collection ○ Provide forward-leaning guidance and tools to the data collection teams ensuring quality data are the highest priority.
- ○ Ensure that M&E/SI quality and standards adhere to guidelines and industry best practices at the community, district, provincial and national levels.
- ○ Ensure that quality data are timeously collected according to agreed standards and reported as required.
- • Lead the organisation/APACE’s Data Reporting Teams ○ Manage the data lifecycle, ensuring timely captures, maintains, and presents data that accurately measures performance.
- ○ Conduct regular data quality checks, and track programme and context indicators to prepare high-quality and timely reports.
- ○ Innovate and establish effective programmes making best use of available resources, including but not limited to technology, to deliver quality results.
• Lead Public Health Teams ○ Lead public health team and position the organisation as a strategic leader in public health data and reporting.
- ○ Actively promote the organisation’s Public Health stream through networking, strategic engagements, active partnerships, publications and presentations.
Essential qualifications and experience
● A Master’s / Honours degree in management, monitoring and evaluation, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is ideally required.
● Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data-intensive, performance-based programmes, preferably large-scale PEPFAR-funded programmes.
● Minimum of six years of management experience leading teams working on extracting data from DATIM, TIER.Net, PHCIS, and operationalising performance indicators to achieve program targets.
● Demonstrated experience in leading and motivating a technical team composed of several interdisciplinary technical experts, and to be adept at managing competing deadlines and priorities.
● Demonstrated ability to work across business units and capture and disseminate lessons learned to ensure the continual improvement of data collection processes and outputs.
● Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy-to-understand formats including visualizations.
● Demonstrated working knowledge of South Africa’s health information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as they relate to data collection for performance-based reporting on the National Strategic Plan.
● Well-structured with an ability to handle a large workload, deliver on short deadlines and work independently and with limited supervision.
● Demonstrated excellent written, presentation and communication skills in English.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.