Location: Alrode, Gauteng
To ensure the efficient management of raw materials, production planning, and outbound logistics so as to drive production efficiency and maintaining 100% delivery performance at optimal stock levels.
- Diploma/Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or an equivalent qualification
- Must have a good understanding of production planning, material, and warehousing
- Must have advanced knowledge of ERP/MRP (non-negotiable)
- Must have 8 years of experience in Logistics and Planning (non-negotiable)
- Must have 3 years of Management experience (non-negotiable)
- Must have 8 years of experience in an automotive component manufacturing environment (non-negotiable)
- To ensure effective planning of the plant in line with production orders so that agreed OEE targets are met.
- To ensure minimum stock levels are maintained and readily available for use in production in order to control costs and avoid stoppages.
- To ensure staff are effectively managed and held accountable through performance and disciplinary procedures, and that staff is developed and mentored through the talent management and IDP processes to drive capability in business.
- Ensure that effective communication is in place within customers and production to eliminate any unnecessary surprises to parties and to grow trust relationships.
- Drive and maintain agreed raw material holdings and ensure that obsolete stock is closely managed to support site business and financial targets.
- To manage the procurement and expediting of products to ensure that the production requirements and plans are met and that all parts are available within the specified time to avoid disruption or delays in the plant.
- To forecast levels of demand and supply for services and products to ensure that inventory level needs are maintained throughout the year.
- To source and negotiate contracts with suppliers to achieve the best quality, cost, and schedule times of the service provided as well as ensuring alignment to the BBBEE strategy.
- To manage all Service Level Agreements and contracts on a regular basis to ensure that compliance and risk management is monitored.
- To drive and implement actions to achieve the BBBEE targets as per the company strategy for procurement, sustainable development, and enterprise development.
- To propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and reduce costs on an annual basis.
- To ensure effective communication of relevant information to all stakeholders to support effective decision making for the business.
Please take note: Your application will not be considered if the requirements are not met.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.