Technical Manager Grabouw Overberg Western Cape
Our Client a Food & Beverage Manufacturer in Grabouw Overberg is looking for an experienced seasoned Technical Manager with Relevant experience in the Food & Beverage Industry. This Technical Manager must have the ability to do strategic planning and conform with completing and sustaining budgetary needs. This Technical manager needs the technical experience in Food Science.
Salary – TOP EARNING + medical aid pension and car allowance GREAT OPPORTUNITY
- Matric + Education - BSc in Food Science or equivalent qualification
- 5 -7 Years’ experience in a food & Beverage production environment – Technical Manager
- ISO / HACCP control and administration experience as a Technical Manager
- Knowledge - Appropriate Food Legislation, Operational Procedures, Quality Control Procedures and Product Knowledge
- Working and Management Experience in - GMP, HACCP, TACCP & VACCP
- Administrative Policies and Procedures
- Appropriate Labour Legislation
- Provides and maintains the infrastructure for a quality and food safety programme (FSSC) for all processing/manufacturing plants.
- These programmes shall ensure that all final products comply with required national and international standards to minimise risk of potential financial loss to the company.
- Provides a research & development (R&D) function to the formulated manufacturing plant in terms of processing technology required for new products, and the development of new products to assist in achieving overall company objectives i.e. obtaining new markets and optimisation of processes.
- Provide and maintain QC and Food Safety Programmes (FSSC & ISO 22000)
- Provide R&D Function - Co-ordinate the development of an innovative cost-effective formulated food & beverage concentrates product range in line with company objectives
- Manage Staff - Motivate and provide training/guidance to obtain optimal competent individual performance
- Provide Technical Assistance - Network with international bodies i.e. AIJN, IFU and AOAC, and international laboratories to keep up to date with changes in legislation, analytical developments and agricultural practices and as such assist in Management decision-making on matters of technical nature which could impact on the company’s image and future
- Provide information with respect to new technology or trends in the food and beverage market to Management.
- Manage Resources - Compile annual budget for department that is in line with company’s overall financial requirements i.e. inflation, overheads etc.
- Problem solving - Maintaining of quality standards amid varying levels of raw material quality and production/service interruptions will require innovative thinking to ensure timeous solutions.
- Balancing the legislative and HACCP/GMP/FSSC requirements with the capabilities of the production operations in order to ensure the manufacturing of acceptable products.
- Understanding the requirements of the customers/markets and guiding them to practical solutions for R&D.
- Maintaining the integrity of QC standards and the QA system and not to compromise on critical elements.
- To render a service to the production units in order to ensure safety and quality of the products.
- The service can be of a technical, quality and/or advisory nature.
- To keep the Company up to date with the latest trends and technology in the food & beverage industry and consumer market.
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers, customers and legislative bodies and build the company’s image with these outside contacts.
Apply directly at Frogg Recruitment SA
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.