Minimum requirements for the role:
- A degree or diploma in a suitably technical discipline is essential.
- Previous sales and marketing experience within the mining and minerals processing industry.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of complex screening applications in terms of process and mechanical applications.
- Must have advanced budgeting skills.
- Must have a technical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be meticulous.
- A valid passport and driver’s license are essential.
- Computer literacy is essential with good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- E-mail CVs to jeff@------
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the maximum number of high probability prospects and developing a robust sales pipeline in vibrating equipment.
- Conferring with existing and potential customers, industry bodies and other relevant individuals and organizations to identify needs and match them to the company’s capabilities.
- Managing opportunities for equipment from the initial concept, through to the successful order and installation.
- Generating new prospects through marketing, presentations and networking activity.
- Developing and matching equipment and process technologies to provide value adding solutions.
- Handling customer relationships and prospect management, which includes updating and the use of prospect management tools and customer visits.
- Creating and conducting marketing and proposal presentations.
- Handling equipment selection and sizing as well as determining the scope of supply.
- Handling costing, determining margins, preparing pricing and pricing schedules.
- Providing timely, accurate, competitive proposals on all enquiries, while striving to maintain optimum profit margins.
- Maintaining accurate records of all internal and external correspondence, pricings, offers and activity reports.
- Effectively handing over capital equipment orders to Project Management.
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of the company’s products and services.
- Maintaining and improving sales, market and competitor knowledge.
- Ensuring that all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Controlling expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Resolving customer complaints regarding capital equipment sales.
- Submitting the weekly and monthly activity reports to the department manager.
- Accurately updating the prospect list on a weekly basis.
- Facilitating test work and liaising with the Engineering Department on client requirements and test results.
- Providing test results with alternative solutions to customers as necessary.
- E-mail CVs to jeff@------
Salary package, including benefits, are highly negotiable depending on experience gained.