- Grade 12
- Qualification in relevant field advantageous
- Computer literacy: Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Exchange, PowerPoint
- 5 – 10 Years experience in Warehousing & Distribution Shift Management, Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management, People Management, Conducting disciplinary enquiries, Health & Safety Management, knowledge of Facility & Asset Management, Contingency Planning & Management, and Continuous Improvement Management. Management of multi-temperature stock items.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the management and performance of the warehouse, receiving, storage and picking departments. This function is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the warehouse facility, including the yard and equipment.
The following vacancy exists for a dynamic Warehouse Manager who will be responsible for and not limited to:
- Cost control Warehouse expenditure is managed within budget.
- Labour is managed within budgeted KPI’s. Stock losses are managed within budgeted KPI’s.
- Cost overruns are investigated and appropriate countermeasures are instituted to prevent further overruns.
- Process compliance - DC is consistently compliant with all Company procedures.
- Warehouse quality standards are consistently maintained in accordance with DQSP requirements.
- Pass all internal and external quality audits.
- Continuous improvement - Process, quality, service level and cost improvements are actively pursued.
- Picking - Picking is accurate according to agreed target.
- Receiving - is accurate according to agreed target.
- Facility and equipment maintenance (buildings, racks, plant, MHE’s, delivery equipment etc.) Assets are well maintained, clean and good working order.
- Warehouse is well maintained, neat and clean and health and safety repairs are completed without delay.
- Planning - Activities are planned and resourced according to plan to be signed off weekly.
- Reporting - Provide daily and weekly plan versus actual report.
- Risk management - Sprinkler and fire systems always in 100% working order.
- Racks inspected per procedure, Refrigeration plant and equipment is maintained according to specification.
- Generator is maintained according to specification.
- People management - Hold monthly team meetings.
- Conduct formal One-on-One meetings with direct reports at least once per month.
- Live company values and constantly remind staff values.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Good attention to details, well-disciplined and taking responsibility for the warehouse.
- Must have exceptional management skills, planning, organized with good problem solving abilities.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.