My client, a leading and well know company requires a competent and experienced Chief Scientist to lead a technical group in External Ballistics and Fire Control Systems. This position is in the Product Development Division and reports to the Executive Manager - Ammunition Engineering.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for interface with artillery fire control systems, which includes client liaison and attendance of dynamic tests at firing ranges.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Leads the technical group responsible for external ballistics.
· Client liaison regarding ballistic software interfaces with in-service artillery fire control systems.
· Maintenance and updating of ballistic base line files for the ammunition.
· Maintenance and updating external ballistic software that is required to do fire predictions and software implementation in client weapons.
· Failure investigations on ammunition, which might be related to external ballistics. (Artillery, mortars, 40mm and 76mm).
· Attendance of dynamic tests at Alkantpan and other test ranges to do fire predictions and ballistic support.
· Ballistic support to marketers and project managers.
· MSc or PhD in Applied Mathematics/Physics
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of artillery fire control systems.
· Experience in ballistic support on test ranges/facilities
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in external ballistic modelling (3DOF, 5DOF, 6DOF)
· Strong computer and coding skills.
· Good communication skills.
· Highly organized and self-motivated.
SA Citizens only
Must be Criminal Clear
Must reside in the Greater Cape Town area or be willing to relocate/
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.