NOW RECRUITING - HEAD CHEF at The Links!
Fancourt is situated in the lovely city of George in the Garden Route.
You can apply online at https://www.fancourt.co.za/careers-job-listing/
The Links, a private club and golf course in South Africa, is offering an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join our team.
The Links is an iconic golfing landmark in South Africa, situated in George, Southern Cape.
As a private club, we offer exclusivity and privacy to all our members. We actively create and curate a world-class experience across all areas of service delivery.
The Head Chef at The Links will be instrumental in shaping and delivering a culinary vision and experience, tailored to the high standards of the club and the membership expectations. Simply put, the food experience must be superb, at all times.
We are looking to bring into the team someone who understands a private club environment, who is capable of delivering knowledge and craftsmanship comparable to the best, who is creative, technically skilled and passionate about food, able to deliver both sophistication and comfort in the most delicious way possible.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: You will be responsible for the overall menu design and culinary experiences in the Club House, the Halfway House, and the function venue. You will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
- Ensure member and customer relationships are built and supported effectively and is professional, warm and sincere; ensure feedback is attended to promptly and with empathy;
- Ensure the food offering is of world-class standards;
- Ensure the menu design is continuously refreshed, cohesive and aligned to the culinary vision;
- Ensure sound financial, operational and people management practices are implemented and adhered to;
- Ensure stock and OE controls are in place and adhered to;
- Ensure financial management practices, as well as budgeting and controls are understood and that it is meeting profitability targets (budgets, CAPEX projects, forecasting, audits, etc.);
- Ensure health and safety requirements and hygiene standards are understood and complied with.
Please note that these are key areas and therefore not an exhaustive list of duties. KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
This position requires:
KEY COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS:
- A minimum of 6 years’ culinary experience, with at least 3 years’ experience as a Head Chef of a celebrated restaurant or exclusive / private club environment;
- Relevant international experience will be a great advantage;
- A 3-year Chef’s Diploma, obtained through an internationally recognised institution, is a requirement; preference will be given to candidates that are classically trained or have Michelin background;
- Verifiable success as a Head Chef across all areas of culinary service, including banqueting experience;
- Working knowledge of the following key managerial operational matters: wine list compilation and management, financial management and reporting, stock and OE controls and management, OHSAct;
- Knowledge of technology (software and hardware) relevant to kitchen management, accounting and point of sale systems and advanced competency in MS Office are essential. Knowledge of Cimso/Opera/SAP/Blazon/Micros will be beneficial.
The role requires someone who is competent in communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all organisational levels (in writing or verbal), establishing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, making decisions and solving problems, and organising, planning, and prioritising work. The ideal candidate will also be diligent, act with integrity, can practice self-control and has a high stress tolerance, is a team player, can be appropriately assertive.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate competence and positive energy in terms of the following key work activities:
- Coaching and Developing Others / Training and Teaching Others;
- Developing and Building Teams;
- Organising, Planning, and Prioritising Work;
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems;
- Thinking Creatively;
- Generally – all intent, energy and will is channelled to make the food experience extraordinary.
If you believe you have suitable experience and qualifications, please apply online. Application Process:Closing date: 11 June 2023 Where to apply:
You can apply online at