You will be supporting the IFRS 16 Lease Accounting team in all activities connected to the right-of-use asset and lease liability valuation and day to day modifications of accounting entries to maintain compliance with IFRS 16.
- BCom Finance, Commercial or equivalent
- years relevant experience in a financial role with IFRS 16 experience (NON-NEGOTIABLE)
- years of experience gained within a corporate and retail environment
- Solid Advanced Excel Microsoft Office 365 - Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint Accounting package exposure to SAP
- SAP RE-FX Exposure to Google applications (Gmail, sheets, docs etc.)
- Support and actively participate in all lease accounting related activities
- Account reconciliations
- Queries and reporting
- Management reports
- Prepare all financial reports related to the Leasing department
- Assist with projects
- Effectively partake and give feedback in Management meetings
- Assist the Financial Manager: Lease Accounting in preparing communication and providing support to business regarding various leasing queries and controls and provide them with the necessary guidance.
- Work closely with the audit function to ensure that all risks and related areas of reconciliations are identified for audit purposes.
- Communicate with, participate in, and support all audit activities and closing of findings etc
- Actively share insights and information with relevant stakeholders
Assist the Lease Accounting team to act as leasing knowledge resource to business.
- Process property contract changes and apply the correct valuation changes accordingly.
- Review ROI or other indicators as prescribed and apply business rules to determine the renewal options for selection.
Perform the valuation process including: executing the valuation simulation and reviewing the valuation cash flow before valuation postings.
- Update the valuation postings and review accounting entries.
- Complete the required reconciliations between rental payments and Lease Liability clearances.
- Coordinate business requests to conduct continuous investigations of rental payments with consideration to potential IFRS 16 leases.
- Ensure complete accounting of IFRS 16 leases
- Work with relevant business stakeholders to obtain the relevant declaration of review of non-IFRS 16 accounts.
- Perform reporting on Right of Use Asset and Lease Liability and conduct the necessary analysis of the results to perform reasonability checks (i.e. Impairments, Depreciation)
- Complete all electronic uploads and related reconciliations
- Complete Annual Financial Statement disclosure
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.