Nelson Mandela University is busy expanding the Bachelor's degree program in Emergency Medical Care
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan. No applications shall be accepted after the closing date Friday, 16 June 2023.
CORE PURPOSE OF JOB
Nelson Mandela University is busy expanding the Bachelor’s degree program in Emergency Medical Care (B.EMC) presented in the Eastern Cape and seeks to fill a position with an enthusiastic, broad-thinking Emergency Care Practitioner. The recipient of this post will be expected to contribute to the learning experience of students on the programme, conduct appropriate research in health care, and be supportive towards strengthening relevant interphases between academia, commerce and government services.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. To lecture rescue & medical care modules within the B.EMC program
2. To build relationships with the various role-players in the field
3. To organise annual disaster exercises with the local Emergency Medical Services
4. To conduct, publish and promote research in Emergency Medical Care
5. To engage in health promotion community projects
6. To assist with the presentation of Short Learning Programmes and CPD activities.
7. To assist with assessments and exams whenever needed in the Department.
1. Possess expert knowledge of the theory and practice of Emergency Medical Services
2. Proven expertise in the field of rescue operations
3. Experience in facilitating learning at undergraduate level
4. Excellent teaching and interpersonal skills
5. Good administrative skills
Candidates must meet the following non-negotiable requirements:
Master’s degree in the field of Emergency Medical Care or B.Tech (EMC) or B.EMC degree
Registered with the HPCSA as an Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP)
At least 2 years of practical experience in the EMS field
Must be physically fit to practice in the field of rescue.
Registration as an Assessor and/or Moderator with the HPCSA will be an advantage.
Completion of any formal educational qualification or any short course in facilitation of assessment or moderation will be an advantage.
Experience in the Provincial EMS systems as an ECP will be an advantage.
Publication of any research and or articles in the field of EMC
Applicants are to submit a cover letter or detail on their CV how they meet the post requirements, provide their HPCSA number, ID and Driver’s license plus certified copies of their qualifications.
Please note that no late applications will be accepted.
NB! This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.