The 12-months contract positions will be based at Emavundleni Research Centre in Crossroads, Cape To
MEDICAL OFFICER X3
12 MONTHS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT
EMAVUNDLENI RESEARCH CENTRE, CROSSROADS
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health Foundations’ exciting future.
The 12-months contract positions will be based at Emavundleni Research Centre in Crossroads, Cape Town. The main purpose of this position is to render efficient and effective clinical care to volunteers on research studies.
- MBChB with HPCSA registration as a medical practitioner (independent practice)
- Computer skills (Email, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent Communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent ability to build interpersonal relationships
- Strong client focus
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Strong work ethic
- Detail oriented and capable of completing study documentation legibly and accurately
- Willing to work flexible hours and weekends if required
- Current GCP certificate
- Demonstrable clinical knowledge in Infectious Diseases
- Previous work experience in clinical drug trials
- Existing malpractice insurance: e.g. MPS, Aon, EthiQal, etc
- Conduct Clinical Procedures to ensure that participants are managed according to the study protocol, site specific SOPs and South African department of Health guidelines, consult with clinical and research staff, refer participants as needed and monitor procedures undertaken by study nurses.
- Complete prescriptions of pharmaceuticals appropriately, manage accountability and adherence monitoring of study drugs
- Manage accountability and adherence monitoring of study drugs
- Ensure all research activities are performed according to the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA), protocol, the Declaration of Helsinki, International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) Good Clinical Practice Guidelines and other relevant legislation.
- Perform protocol specific procedures including but not limited to recruit, screen and enroll participants as per inclusion/exclusion criteria, obtain informed consent, manage and report Adverse Events or Expedited Adverse Events, interpret and act on laboratory results
- Adherence to study protocol and study specific procedures manual to ensure that all sponsor specified metrics with respect to accrual, retention, participant safety, QC rate, adverse/serious adverse event reporting, study procedures completion and protocol deviations are met.
- Study Administration as per site and sponsor specific documents (protocol, SOPs, study specific procedures manual) and as per GCP guidelines to ensure that study documentation is accurate and complete with the aim of producing reliable and credible research data. In addition, adherence to HSP guidelines to ensure ethical study conduct.
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees in a single PDF file by 03 December 2023. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Visit the DTHF Career page to view the advert DTHF-097 and apply: