To plan and produce daily and weekly production requirements according to the production plan
· Production Management Diploma
· 5 years manufacturing experience
· 2 years supervisory experience in a Production capacity
Ensure that the men, machinery and materials are available and
· To ensure that there is sufficient chemical mixed to complete the
daily production plan and that the machinery is properly maintained.
· First- off checks must be performed on all parts on a daily basis
· Motivates, appraises, counsels and disciplines employees in the Department
· Monitors work performance plan and corrects deviations Monitors labour costs against sales achieved so as to ensure that the labour target is reached and maintained.
· Monitors production to ensure that there is sufficient chemical mixed to support production.
· Ensures correct start up procedures are complied with and that machinery is in good running order at all times.
· Monitors and collates the achievement of daily production targets. Takes corrective action where necessary.
· Assists the Logistics Specialist in production planning, machinery capacity planning and training needs planning and conveys to the operators.
· Ensures that both production cells have the machines calibrated weekly or as specified.
· Ensures safe working conditions and the application of safe working practices in all areas of the department.
· Overtime authorisation form and submits to the Plant Manager for approval.
· Assist the Plant Manager with specific projects.
· Maintains personnel records, especially timekeeping and disciplinary matters of all employees.
· Responsible for reporting any faults on machinery to the Plant Manager.
· Responsible for the quality of production. Where there are any quality problems, utilises previous experience as well as the technical expertise of the quality/control department and process engineering to resolve problems.
· Responsible for displaying the latest level of work instruction sheets .
· Assist the Quality Assurance Engineer in performing Process Capability studies, FMEAs and new product FMEAs.
· Resolves critical areas in production flow with the assistance of the Plant Manager.
· Complies with all statutory requirements.
· Attends all meetings and training courses as requested.
· Ensures all lockout procedures are followed.
· Ensures planned maintenance schedules are adhered to.
· Monitors continuous improvements and makes suggestions to maximise production output.
· Ensure Factory complies to the requirements of ISO9001/ IATF16949.
· Trains labour to be multi skilled and keeps a record of levels achieved.
· FIRST- OFF Production parts monitored in conjunction with the Quality Assurance dept.
· Ensure that downtime is kept to below 5% of total machine hours and ensure actions are submitted on how to reduce lost time per shift.
· Carry out daily audits of the production areas (housekeeping, PPE inspections, emergency equipment etc.)
· Ensure overtime is kept to a minimum and that all overtime is approved before production is carried out.
· Ensure daily productions meetings are held – ensuring correct documentation is utilised – absenteeism, shift handover info, targets and achievements, action list with core problems identified etc.)
· Ensure all production data is collated daily (cycles, scrap, downtime) and sent to Plant Manager