Main Purpose of Role:
- To develop, progress and report the schedule status of the project and proactively assist and support the PM to deliver the project objectives and to report on the project status.
- Work on either a single major project or provide planning support to a number of smaller projects and studies to compile and co-ordinate the smooth running of the project schedule.
- The planner undertakes the initial and ongoing detailed forward planning for the project in support of the PM.
- The planner will work in a manner that supports and enhances the companies values of:
- Delivering on promises;
- Developing full potential;
- Doing the right thing.
- Knowledge of project processes to be able to develop a project schedule independently for review.
- Effective use of planning software both Primavera and MS Projects
- Fully computer literate with respect to Microsoft Office software
- Good report writing skills
- Communication and teamwork
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide support and inform the PM and construction manager (CM) in respect of progress measurement on the project.
- Prepare, issue and maintain the master schedule of the project.
- Review the bid milestones and overall completion timetable in conjunction with the project scope at award and identify any anomalies or inconsistencies.
- In collaboration with the project team and all other participants, develop the work breakdown structure (WBS) and integrate the code of accounts with the WBS.
- In consultation with the project team, identify key critical constraints and interfaces.
- Establish key milestone dates in agreement with the PM.
- Establish productivity norms, time standards and progress measurement criteria for all disciplines in liaison with project controls.
- Develop the basis of schedule (BoS) and / or schedule management plan for approval by the PM.
- Set up the interface between the schedule and the applied company / project system (if required).
- Ensure that commissioning considerations are established and catered for in the project program during program baseline development.
- Identify the critical path(s) and near critical paths in the project implementation schedule (PIS). Report slippages and gains against the baseline schedule.
- Monitor, control and report the status of free and total float in the schedule.
- Evaluate and integrate contractor’s and supplier’s schedules and report findings to the PM, CM and project engineer.
- Where required, assist the construction manager to implement shutdown schedules.
- Provide input and review proposed change management time implications and document the result. Manage approved changes in the schedule.
- Attend project and contract kick off, progress, cost control and planning meetings and manage changes in the schedule.
- Review the schedule portions of contractor’s extra work claims and prepare details for discussion and/or inclusion in any response.
- Assist project controls to produce management reports and the monthly status reports.
- Prepare and submit planning data for the project close out report and progressive learning (lessons learned).
- To undertake peer reviews of schedules produced by other planners upon instruction by the planning manager.
- Ensure that all plans and schedules are prepared and executed in accordance with the Company’s planning standards.
- PMI SP (Scheduling Professional)
- AACE PSP (Planning and Scheduling Professional)
- PMI PMP (Project Management Professional)
- CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Expert knowledge of and competence in the use of Primavera P6 and MS Project
- Expert knowledge of MS Office
- Project planning experience in multi-discipline mining and minerals processing projects and studies
- Site planning experience in multi-discipline mining and minerals processing projects and studies
- EPC / EPCM experience in either a consulting or construction contractor environment
- 5 - 8 years’ relevant experience considered essential to meet the demands of this position.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.