- Must have a COMPLETED Diploma or Degree
- At least 10 years of professional sales experience
- Must have a proven track record and business development experience in a corporate B2B enviroment where the focus has been on sales, business development and presenting multi-solution proposals to a wide variety of clients i.e blue-chip, government, corporates and NGO''s
- Solid hands on experience with supplier accounts working with in a very pressurized streamlined enviroment
- Know how to generate leads with strong business to business sales experience and track record
- Have sales experience within the service sector, sponsorship, hospitality or eventing industries
- Sales and Business Development:
- Lead generation: identify, prospect for potential new clients and the decision makers within organisations from a variety of sources, in line with the Events and Commercial Divisions core focus areas with revenue growth as the fundamental undertone.
- Transform leads into qualified sales and and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to pitch or tender to acquire new projects and events.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Cross sell and identify opportunities across SAIL and Flooid’s value chains.
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
Develop and maintain relationships with key clients with a view to maximizing business opportunities.
- Provide regular two-way communication between the client and Events Team to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Ensure that client communication and meetings are conducted in such a way as to lead to ongoing new business opportunities through a process of targeted needs identification.
- Submit weekly and/or monthly lead generation reports, contact reports, progress status reports and forecasts to the Head of Divisions.
- Create and present an annual Business Development Plan to the Head of divisions.
- Attend industry related exhibitions and functions and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with Head of Divisions on business trends with a view to develop new services and innovative event concepts and ideas.
- Use knowledge of business trends and competitors to identify and develop the Companies unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Analyze and summarize sales-related data and translate the data into strategies that will assist with the development of a new sales strategy, service or concept.
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics and communicate this to the team and the Head of Divisions.
Proposals and Client Retention:
- Attend briefing meetings, interpret briefs and converting them into clear and substantial briefs for our suppliers, business partners and/or creative teams.
- Assist the Head of Divisions to
- Draft and present pitches, tenders and proposals for new and existing clients.
- To develop and prepare creative presentations for pitches, tenders and proposals that speaks to clients’ needs, challenges and objectives.
- To present formal creative proposals, budgets and methodologies to executive clients; this could entail competing for the business as part of an organisation’s vendor selection process.
With negotiations and addressing questions.
- Follow up on tenders and proposals and secure the business.
- Draft the annual divisional Client Retention Management Plan and identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across the current client base. Develop and implement a strategy for maintaining good customer relations, in order to achieve long-term customer retention and satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive client database for CRM activations, i.e. birthdays, public holidays, etc.
- Maintain and develop the organisational culture, values and reputation in the market place and with all employees, clients, suppliers and business partners.
- Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with clients at multiple levels
Internal Business Processes:
- Adhere to all internal management controls, administrative systems, procedures and templates.
- Provide regular input to the Head of Divisions on all sales activities, including contact reports, any possible opportunities, achievements and/or losses on a weekly basis.
Policies and Procedures Management:
- Ensure that all company operational and financial policies and procedures are adhered to, implemented and executed timeously.
- To understand the deliverables related to a client
- Effective communication and implementation of the client’s rights and / or packages and / or requirements.
- To actively manage the clients account through effective communication platforms such as formal meetings with the client
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.