POSITION: STRATEGIC INFORMATION TEAM LEADER
AREA: PARKTOWN, JOHANNESBURG
CTC: R 83,500.00
START DATE: A.S.A.P.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in relevant field (e.g. MSc, MPH, MBA)
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing a SI/M&E team using relevant/appropriate management and quality improvement methodologies
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working closely with a donor agency (e.g. USAID, CDC, Global Fund)
- Deep understanding of M&E, preferably within a public health donor-funded environment
- Descriptive data analysis ability from program evaluation required. Competency in inferential statistics using STATA, SPSS, R, EpiInfo etc. strongly preferred
- Excellent skills in PowerBI and Excel analytics to create data visualizations for data-driven management of programs
- Understanding of data flows and databases (e.g. REDCap, SQL, Tier.Net, DHIS, DATIM, Synch)
- Demonstrated ability to understand the impact of reporting on donor funding, as well as the need for integrity & transparency in reporting
- Excellent written communication abilities, demonstrated ability to write narratives for donor reporting
- Business Analytics and Process Engineering experience an advantage
- Understanding of HIV epidemiology and the UNIADS 95-95-95 fast track goals an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Deadline-driven and good at self-management
- Able to manage change and handle competing priorities and to cope with a demanding work environment
Stakeholder Engagement and Communications
- Engage stakeholders to understand and manage reporting requirements and queries, as communicated by USAID/PEPFAR.
- Work with stakeholders to implement/update processes, data flows and reports in line with changes or a Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP).
- Drive business understanding of reports and reporting requirements.
- Plan, communicate and manage processes for daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements, quarterly DATIM reporting, as well as the related JPPM presentation.
- Ensure that there is integrity in reporting, thereby enabling the company to be transparent.
Data Utilization for Health Program Management
- Work collaboratively with Public Health team and program implementers to understand and meet information demands for data-driven program management
- Develop and distribute data analytics to monitor program progress and inform adaptive program management of health services delivery.
- Empower the Business Intelligence Analyst team to act independently by ensuring that:
- the team composition is fit for purpose,
- they understand the impact of their job performance, and
- they have the tools and skills to do the job.
- Drive Continuous Improvement in the team in order to achieve and maintain a high level of performance and work quality.
- Mitigate the impact and risk associated with change as much as possible through communication, planning and team workload balancing.
If you haven''t heard from BSTS within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.