The role of a Chief Enterprise Architect encompasses many activities including (but not Enterprise limited to):
- Develop a coherent enterprise view across all the architecture domains and how the
different enterprise architect domains impact each other.
- Develop or amend the Client’s Enterprise Architecture vision / strategy in alignment with the business imperatives of the province.
- Develop / facilitate architecture design authority across all the architecture
- Work closely with the various architecture domain owners in crafting, designing, and evaluating solutions designs.
- The Chief Enterprise Architect is responsible for understanding the organisations strategy and shaping the enterprise architecture to support the strategy, aligning the various domain architectures to achieve the strategic intent.
- Provide neutral and independent solutions when dealing with technology, vendors, and senior management on technology.
- Direct solutions to support the overall strategy of the organisation.
- Serve as a group member on the internal enterprise architecture governance boards.
- The Chief Enterprise Architect’s role in the various enterprise architecture operating
boards and daily tasks must support a strong technical and detail understating of proposed solutions, products and technology, their impact on the various architecture domains, business, cost of ownership and operational impact for maintenance and support.
- The Chief Enterprise Architect is responsible for the overall architecture sign off, across all domain architectures with regard to the detail design and/or solution architectures.
- Consultative input into - principles, standards, models, procedures, innovation, Total cost of ownership, Architecture governance, proof of concepts, special projects, due diligence on projects technology and vendors.
- Quality control work / solutions.
- Accountable for all domain architectures and their alignment to vision and strategy to achieve maximum benefit from investments in technology, people and processes.
- Identify implementation risks and analyse potential impact on the Enterprise (i.e., the organisation as a whole) and on the achievement of scheduled objectives.
- Conduct and/or actively participates in meetings related to the designated project/s.
- Provide input into the client’s ICT and implementation Plans.
- Provide input to client’s ICT Medium Term Expenditure Committee to assist it with preparing a budget for the following 3-year period.
- Analyse and ensure alignment to national ICT governance frameworks and
- Minimum of 5 years'''''''''''''''' experience as an Enterprise Architect or equivalent role.
- Minimum of 2 years'''''''''''''''' experience as a Solutions Architect or equivalent role.
- Experience working in large organisations.
- Experience with Oracle and / or Microsoft solutions and custom development.
- Experience with cloud solutions, cloud services and cloud development.
- Architecture modelling skills.
- Have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Sound organizing and planning skills and Consulting experience in large enterprises.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree (or equivalent 3 year+ Tertiary qualification) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Must have and IT architecture certification. TOGAF certification is advantageous.
This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.