NOW RECRUITING - RESORT EXECUTIVE CHEF!
Fancourt is situated in the lovely city of George in the Garden Route.
You can apply online at https://www.fancourt.co.za/careers-job-listing/
Fancourt, South Africa’s premier golfing, leisure and lifestyle destination, is situated in George in the heart of the Garden Route. We are now recruiting for a Resort Executive Chef, who will lead and manage all our kitchens within the Food and Beverage division.
As a proudly South African luxury lifestyle destination, we are all about customer joy and delight. The Resort Executive Chef at Fancourt will be instrumental in shaping a unique culinary experience for each of our outlets.
We are looking for a person who can partner with all our stakeholders, deliver profitable and sustainable operating results, an engaged team, and customer experiences that exceed expectations of luxury. Above all, the food, ethos and execution must consistently be innovative, noteworthy and memorable. Our Resort Executive Chef will ensure our food identity stands proudly as another exceptional offering that Fancourt is renowned for.
We are looking to bring into the team someone who truly understands a complex 5-star hotel and resort environment. The ideal candidate will not only be demonstrably competent and successful in all the operational areas, but on a personal level exudes passion for the hospitality and leisure industry. Generally speaking – we are looking for an Executive Chef who understands that he / she is the steward of our food brand; someone who can consistently deliver luxury and quality across all our offerings.
You will be responsible for the overall culture and successes of the kitchens on the resort. You will be responsible for planning, directing, and operational activities at the highest level of management, with the help of our Executive Sous Chefs and the teams per kitchen.
Key performance areas would be:
- Financial and Operational – overall responsible for:
- The sustained profitability of the food production section of the Food & Beverage Division.
- The preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the annual Operating Budgets per outlet.
- Maximising the value of all assets, purchases and operational efficiencies.
- Innovation and customer satisfaction – ensure the food offering is unique per outlet, consistently delicious and a proud representation of the brand on a plate.
- Ensure that the people side of the business under your umbrella is led with heart and wisdom – that the staff are developed, challenged, trained, and connected the food vision.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulated and / or industry best practices and guidelines as published by government or industry bodies.
- Sustainability (financial, technological, environmental) of product and practices across the entire food production team.
Please note that all key performance areas and indicators cannot be listed, and therefore this is not an exhaustive list of duties. KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
This position requires as a minimum:
- A 3-year Chefs Diploma through an internationally recognised institution,
- 10 years’ experience in the industry, of which at least 4 years’ relevant experience in a similar role at a 5-star hotel or similar complex, luxury resort environment,
- Verifiable success as an executive / senior chef,
- Financial management knowledge and competence relevant to budgeting, forecasting, understanding and interpretation of financial statements, auditing controls and processes,
- Knowledge of legal codes and requirements relevant to the food production industry,
- Knowledge of technology and systems (software and hardware) relevant to kitchen management, accounting and point of sale systems,
- Advanced competency in MS Office,
- Clean criminal and ITC record, no delinquent director orders,
- Legally eligible to work in South Africa.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Relevant international experience,
- Michelin background,
- Classically trained,
- Experience in a Leading Hotels of the World property and knowledge/understanding of related standards.
The role requires someone who is competent in the following work activities:
- Effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all organisational levels (in writing or verbal),
- Establishing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships with others,
- Making decisions and solving problems,
- Organising, planning, and prioritising work,
- Coaching and developing others,
- Training and Teaching Others,
- Developing and Building Teams.
The ideal candidate can demonstrate competence in terms of the following key work styles & values:
- Cooperation & Social Orientation
- Stress Tolerance & Self-Control
- Attention to Detail
If you believe you have suitable experience and qualifications, please apply online.APPLICATION PROCESS:Closing date: 26 June 2023How to apply:
You can apply online at PLEASE NOTE:
The Company’s Employment Equity Plan will be taken into consideration with all appointments. Should you not be contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
NB! This job is now closed. You can apply for other jobs by uploading your CV.